The Palazzo Davia Bargellini
The Palazzo Davia Bargellini in Strada Maggiore is one of Bologna’s historic buildings. It was built for the Bargellini family by the architect Bartolomeo Provaglia beginning in 1638, with subsequent addition of the two renowned sandstone Hercules statues to the façade (1658) by Bolognese sculptors Gabriele Brunelli and Francesco Agnesini. In 1839 the palace passed to a branch of the Davia family, another illustrious Bolognese family who lived there until 1874.
The ground floor is the location of the homonymous Civic Museum of Industrial Arts, which hosts an important group of senatorial paintings from the XIV-XIX centuries, a collection of applied art from the XV-XVIII centuries (wrought iron, wood carvings, furniture) and an important collection of Bolognese terracotta and nativity figurines.
The large and airy Baroque staircase, dating back to 1730, leads to the first floor where Nomisma’s offices and Meeting Hall are located. These spaces were recently renovated by the Opera Pia.
Nomisma’s Conference Room “Sala Incontri”
The conference room hosts internal and external events, and provides access to a modern sound system, a projector with PC, recording devices, audio conferencing.
For further information:
Phone: 051 6483127